My house in tiny and I was wondering where most people put their cat's litter box?

She makes a big mess while using it and leaves little ALL over the place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pets

• LOL - another reason we dont have cats. Just please dont put it in the public bathroom... meaning the bathroom the guests use. That is just sooooo GROSS.
    Anonymous

• We use pine litter and have the box in the bathroom. I sweep the bathroom every day. I flush the poops as I smell or see them.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My house is small (under 650sq st) we keep the litter boxes in the basement. My sis has a bigger house (2 story) and she keeps all her litter boxes in her basement too.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• They are in our laundry room now. When we were in an apartment the boxes were behind our bedroom door,so most of the time they were hidden from view.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• bathroom. i would of liked it in laundry room but we bring in the dogs at night cause they bark to early in the morning and wake me. plus they would eat the cat poop. yuk! then they lick your face.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Mine is on the landing the landing to the basement. I have a cat door cut out of the basement door, and the cats use it just fine. It keeps it accessable and hidden at the same time.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 1:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have a tiny house too AND THREE cats. Luckily we have a basement so that 's where the litter box is, also the door to the basement has a cat door cut out. When we lived in an apartment we had to put it in the bathroom...i didn't find that gross at all! We were really good about sweeping it esp. when we had company!
    Babylove852

Answer by Babylove852 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Keep ours in the bathroom. I noticed using a hooded litter box helps a lot with the scattering. I've tried to use rugs infront of the box, but she just jumps over them lol.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• When I lived in a small home I place the litter box in the bathroom. I cleaned the litter box out every day! You can put a towel or a mat under the litter box and that will help the litter to stay close to the box. If you have a laundry room you could put it there. If you have a closet that you may not be using it could go there. Living in a small place it is very important to clean the box out every day. I got to where any time my cat would poop I would pick it up. That helps a lot.

Good Luck

Dog and Cat lover
    Butterfly241

Answer by Butterfly241 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Thank you guys so much!
    Anonymous