ParaGuard birth control

any pros or cons people have about this? I have 3 under 3 and we havent decided if we want more or not. It is important to not decide for a few years...lol. Please help me with my choice....thank you

Softwater

Asked by Softwater at 1:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I considered this option myself (have three myself) and I cannot take anything hormonal without going insane. BUT, I did some reading and a lot of women have had placement issues. Then a dear friend of mine had her's go rogue, perforated her uterus and punctured her bladder she had to have surgery to repair the damage. None for me thank you!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i had it. I liked it because it introduced no hormones into my system, but i still felt effects. My libido was NON EXISTENT. I dont know if i can attribute it completely to the paraguard, or if it was another issue, but timing seemed to point to the IUD. And my period were enormously heavy and painful. I literally bled like a dead animal. Sorry for TMI, but its true. Some people dont experience that.

Still, with those issues, its not entirely off the table for me after i have my next child.
    Hormones are worse than a gnarly period, to me.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I've been pregnant 4 times in 4 years (lost one at 5 months), so I know how you feel!
    I had horrible mood swings with the shot, hated the Nuvaring, got pregnant on the pill and the patch, so I actually went with the Mirena, which I LOVE! My dr told me that the small amount of hormones it does have stays localized in the uterus and I shouldn't even notice it at all, which I haven't. I've had it about 3 months now and my periods are really light and so easy to deal with! Only problem is that every great once in a while my husband can feel the strings, but they are suppose to soften up in time (they don't hurt him, he can just feel them). Good luck in finding what works for you! It took me what seemed like forever! lol!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 2:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Thanks everyone!!! Your all helpful
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 9:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009