Reply all mistakes

Have you ever made the mistake of hitting reply all?
A young man at my work just replied to everyone in our division (hundreds of people). His email was in response to an administrators previuos email. His email said is there any way to block out her emails? This is the 2nd fing email about the same fing thing. Hope his job is safe!
Those buttons really should be spaced farther apart. Or named something completely different.
Lets hear about your accidental reply all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow! Poor guy, how embarrassing! No I've never done that. But thanks for reminding me to check which button I'm hitting. LOL
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Used to be a CSR for a car dealership and had sent out a mass-email to all of our recent service customers asking them for a positive survey. Had a customer who replied, asking about a recall on her vehicle. Accidentally reply-all'd back to her....our shoddy email program sent it to all of the original receivers (ie every customer who had their vehicle worked on that week). SO, we had a few hundred customers blowing up our phone lines trying to make appointments for a recall that didn't apply to them. Office manager made me come answer the phones for her for the next three days lol.
    Anonymous

• I hit both the intercom and the line 1 buttons on the phone at the same time...... although no one in the office could hear the caller - they all could hear me...... so there's one side of a conversation broadcast throughout the WHOLE district office.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• LMAO! I did the same thing, intercom and line 1 at once. The whole place heard the entire conversation, but the only way to fix it on our phone was to hang up on the customer so I was forced to finish with them before I could hang up!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• haha I actually meant to forward an email to a coworker who hadn't been on copy to a particularly stupid email from some manager and I had put in something like hahahahahaha is he JOKING? but I accidentally hit reply all instead.
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 2:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I've hit reply all when a friend of mine has like 100 people or more in her program as the ombudsman up in her town and I was answering her one email.....so ALL her friends got my reply.

Then of course so many had MY email account....I got flooded with the same thing over and over. Not fun having to block so many people.......so I double check with WHO I am replying to and I rarely forward ANY email/spam from friends!

Sorry...but no use in sending it all back to prove you are a special friend of mine......Been forever friends with a few for over 40 years so I think I can say our friendship is secure and not reliant on fowarding of emailing 10 people or else to show I love them, you know?

Anonymous

• I worked at a manuf. plant one time, as evening security. The guys would play music over the intercom late at nite to break up the silence. One night the one guy played "Rawhide...rollin' rollin' rollin' get them doggies rollin'......raw hide!!!!!!"

I one time right after he played this song, I got on the intercom and added....Yeee Haaw!!! Get along little doggies....get along! Yeeeee Hawwww!"

I got away with that for the longest time....til late one nite the Night Supervisor in the plant came walking through the offices across from me and caught me at the end of my Yeeeee hawww!

And he said," I was coming to ask you to see where the extention was being picked up when they played that.That's been YOU all this time?! Thats funny! We've been wondering who the hell it was! I would have never expected you!"

I said," Well...it was boring to just hear...Rawhide!!!!! So I added my own to it when the shop played it.
    Anonymous