Am I old fashioned? Or just a stick in the mud???

I see so many questions on here about I live with my boyfriend who won't help me plan the wedding, our 2 or 3 kids are going to be in it etc....am I old fashioned but shouldn't the wedding come first, and if not why make a big celebration over the fact that now you have decided to do it. My motto--if I have already given a baby gift, don't expect a wedding gift!! Not to sound like a prude, but what's wrong with just doing it in order, and if not, just something small that celebrates your family making a commitment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• ANONYMOUS ~~~~~ Maybe you should not worry about someone elses life, it doesn't concern you at all- you don't know they're situation. I would suggest if you are so easily offended, and don't agree with others lifestyle then maybe you should not be in a site filled with people from all walks of life. And that statement not only sounds like a "prude" but also sounds like someone who thinks that they're way is the only right way.

What in hells bells could this possibly mean? What the hell type of situation are they in that they need to have 4 kids before they're 24, while unmarried, and then complain about their guy? "you don't know their situation"....they get on here and TELL their situation.

EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I agree..........the world is going to hell.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You're not a prude, I agree with you, I get that accidents happen, but the volume of "accidents" I read about on here is insane.
    Anonymous

• stick in the mud.. people like to try before you buy! lol
    Anonymous

• I am old fashioned too but this seems to be a trend. Also seems to end in a lot of heartache.
    Anonymous

• I agree! And it seems that most of the women complianing about their men are the unmarried ones, or the ones who had babies and then got married. If you put more thought into your life and future it will turn out much better and you will have less to bytch about.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should not worry about someone elses life, it doesn't concern you at all- you don't know they're situation. I would suggest if you are so easily offended, and don't agree with others lifestyle then maybe you should not be in a site filled with people from all walks of life. And that statement not only sounds like a "prude" but also sounds like someone who thinks that they're way is the only right way.
    Anonymous

• i disagree, I think the OP is not being judgemental, just wondering why this is happening more and more, I think she wonders about the idea of celbrating after the fact, I think your statemet ANON is kind of harsh! I personally have been invited to 3 lavish wedding ceremonies this year for couples who have had 2 or 3 kids before they tied the knot, 2 of wich used food stamps and wic all the while living with the SO, so I kind of get where she is coming from, does it make them bad people, of course not, just think it is strange myself!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It's called "old fashioned" for a reason...because it's the OLD way of doing things.
    It's 2009.
    There is no longer a "proper order" for this.

"shouldn't the wedding come first, and if not why make a big celebration over the fact that now you have decided to do it"

For the same reasons people without kids chose to have a big celebration over deciding to get married.

Get with the times granny.
    Anonymous

• I agree
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2009