Where's the value in it?

I get that this is a site for moms and by sheer association; a site for women. I see complete value in being able to ask a question about something you don't know or need advice about. But all these questions about, do you masturbate, do you pick your nose, tell me your dark secrets, etc are just pointless. Don't you notice that rarely, if ever, are they posted by anyone other than Anonymous and Ann Onimus never answers the question. Just plant a suggestive questions and people will spill their personal information.
If I don't want you knowing my ss# why would I want or feel the need to blindly disclose the intimate details of my marriage and personal life. So I have to ask, Really, what is the value in those kinds of questions?
Don't tell me that if I don't like them then don't answer them; I don't answer them. I'm just wondering why so many of you blindly deliver personal details at the whim of any and every Anon?

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 2:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Different people have different ideas of what is too personal. I never answer a question that I wouldn't tell a person standing in front of me. I do agree that sometimes we just need validation that we aren't freaks. Also I think sometimes people may just be sick of the serious questions that always create drama so they post light fun questions about silly things like nose picking!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 2:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I think some of the questions are for validation. If you grew up with your parents telling you that masterbation was evil and as an adult you choose to masterbate... perhaps you just want to know you are not the only one. As for nose picking - I dont know. I know that some of the stupid posts I do are to simply see how creative people can be... but Im not asking personal questions. Sometimes other people's creativity feeds my own. As for anonymous answers.... I can simply be more truthful... I dont like people knowing all of me.
    Anonymous

• Those are very viable answers. Thank you ladies.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Because you really do not know me. I could walk right past you in the mall and you would ever know it was me. 

Then I might not even be telling the truth. You do not know if I am or not. Sense you do not know me.

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I think people post stuff like that for fun because they are bored. Not everything has to be deadly serious. Sure its silly & pointless but so are a lot of things in life.
    Anonymous

• Who knows why some questions are asked or answered!? I know I'm pleased for Every question I get kind replies to! Sometimes knowing someone else is going through what I have. What worked for them! I have a head full of advice & suggestions if I can be helpful I mean to be! As for an off question. Sometimes its fun to be silly! Sometimes its easier to talk to a stranger. Sometimes confessions help! Sometimes to just get something off your chest! I have read replies before to a question I'm not bold enough to reply to. Or fit into but some comments & honesty. I applaud those ladies! While shy timid me might not chime in! I've been told some like the easy, fun silly easy ones over a problem. Its more fun & not that detailed or involved!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yep...for validation...as for myself...I have issues that are difficult for me to deal with right now so pondering silly things is a means of escape or distraction for me...I post silly questions just because I happen to have a thought about something, I'm lonely and just want to see if anyone else feels like me.
    Anonymous

• Entertainment value.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009