Why is my almost 3 year old all of a sudden peeing on herself?

My daughter will be 3 in 10 days and she has all of a sudden started peeing on herself, and I don't know why.
Some days she will do it 3 or 4 times, other days she will do it once.
i just dont know what to do

PrncessKathleen

Asked by PrncessKathleen at 5:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It could be that her concentration has increased and she is "forgetting" the feeling that she is about to urinate.
    Also, if she is drinking more coke or other sugary drinks.
    calydu

Answer by calydu at 5:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Is she under any type of stress that she usually isn't? A lot of children regress and have accidents because of big changes in their life.
    jamie8506

Answer by jamie8506 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Since it's summer, sometimes kids just have too much fun playing outside and they don't want to stop and and go to the bathroom
    blue_eyedmomma3

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I agree with everyone's answers above but she could also have a UTI(urinary tract infection). The only way to tell this is to get a urine sample and that would put her through a lot just to do that. If you give her baths and let her sit in them, I would stop doing that for a while and get some Cranberry juice and give to her. This helped my DD and we didn't have to give antibiotics to her for it. It was obviously a mild infection.
    mommyjen1980

Answer by mommyjen1980 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i read somewhere that children around this age still have weak muscles so they sometimes dont feel that they have to pee or cant hold it. my daughter still does this, except most of the time its when she throws a tantrum.
    ree17

Answer by ree17 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008