how do you...

keep a house clean when there's no storage to put anything? we have enough room in the kitchen for our dishes and that's about it. we have a closet where we can put our vacuum and a few other things and enough storage to put away our towels but that's really it. our house is so trashed and I'm embarrased to have anyone over, but I have no where to put things... what would you do to keep a clean house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• check out the Ikea website. They have amazing storage solutions at reasonable prices.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It sounds like you have more stuff, rather than a dirty house. Look at all your stuff. If you haven't used it in a certain amount of time, chances are you don't need it. Donate it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My house is small too. I got rid of everything i dont need, buy containers for things you want to keep. get creative with hot pads hanging up on side of cabinet, hang shelves and put a pretty bowl with all utensils in it. Put a caddy in center of table with silverware. I have only 2 stacks of towels that fit in my hall closet..all others got put in a tub in the garage. Make decorative things functional. I put flat under bed storage under my bed and keep 2 extra sets of sheets/per bed in them so my clset space wants wasted with linens. my end tables in living room open so they hold comforters. I have baskets that fit on book cases to organize school stuff and it looks nice.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Do a major over haul & get rid of some stuff. Down size. Get rid of anything that you really really do not need. If you can't bear to do that you could always rent a storage unit. They have some for as low as $40 a month
    Anonymous

• I got rid of stuff by having my dd bring every blanket we could find in the house..we determined the amount of space we had and picked our favorite 5...the rest went straight in a black trash bag and in the trunk. I did this with all kinds of stuff in the house..not individually cause of course i like some of those but when you have to pick just the top so many that will ft in the space you have it is easier. It is amazing how much stuff we have that we could live without.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• We have the same problem but we don't even have enough room for our kitchen stuff. I've had to re organize each room about 4 times to get them as functional as possible. Our next place will have an extra room to help us de-clutter.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2009