To prepare my household...for my baby

okay so this is my first baby
a BOY

I wanted to do a small shopping session, our baby is due mid-November. I wanted to just pick up some helpful items.

What did you moms find helpful for those first few months of babies life?
What toys did your LO enjoy when they got to be a bit older?
Just any advice...thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Stock your freezer up now. Buy chicken, meat, pasta (everything really). Make sure your house is stocked up. It's not so easy to run to the store once you have him!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Not only baby items, but get some easy things to prepare for meals as well, like things you can put in the oven or the crock pot!!!
    Receiving blankets (double as burp cloths), onesies, socks, nasal aspirator, thermometer, maybe a swing, a tummy time mat of some sort if possible, some of the little "linking rings". bright colored soft rattles, sleepers, lots of wipes, at least 2 packages of diapers in size 1, maybe one package of the newborn size, depending on wear you live and what the weather is like, I would also recommend a carseat cover to keep him warm when it's cold out and you have places to go,
    Anonymous

• I am also a first time parent for a baby boy. My Logan is 8 months old now. Big things are diapers and wipes. You will not believe how fast you can go through those. A sleep sac is great so you don't have to worry about the dangers of a blanket. I was a mom who always wanted my boy to be wearing socks and shoes but I've come to the point that I don't bother with them anymore because he's never liked it and they never last more than 5 min. A swing is a must. When he got a few months old he began to love his exersaucer. I also loved it because it saved my arms, the boy can jump all day! Oh and get the bibs that have the non scratchy Velcro. The scratchy stuff will leave red marks on the back of baby's neck. I think it's Gerber who makes the good ones that attach at the front of the shoulder with the good Velcro.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Oh and for your sake, get a Boppy pillow. It makes breast or bottle feeding so much better, especially in the middle of the night! I used the playtex drop-ins bottles, they are great.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My 21 month old loves blocks, board books and puzzles, musical toys, and Lego's, also the sorting toys and pull toys. As far as my favorite products, I love the Spray and Wash stick, when I change a messy baby I simply rub it on and through it in the laundry basket, stain is gone when I wash. I also love the Lansinoh lanolin wipes and nipple and butt cream. Butt paste works for a bad rash really well. The fore head thermometer is a wonder invention and just as accurate, but get a quality kind.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Stock up on diapers and wipes, infant tylenol, mylecon or gas-x drops get some vaseline if you are going to have him circumsized...just so you have a little extra.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009