My husband should be arriving at Fort Lenard Wood, Mo any moment now. Anyones husband at fort lnwd to start basic?

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I know someone there but he's not my dh. I just wanted to reply to your post to say that there is a group for CM mom who have an Army dh. They might be helpful. I've seen posts on there for wives who have dh at FLW

Answer by admckenzie at 4:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I went to basic training if fort Lenard Wood, Mo. I graduated from basic in March of 2007. I really enjoyed basic training even though the first couple of days were really hard. I still remember getting there at night the process was kinda long and scarry...I got to call home the next morning to let everyone know i was ok...I was in what they call "reception" for 1 week. Reception is where they put you in when u first arrive and do all your paper work, get uniforms issued and so on till you get put into a "Company". Have you heard from your husband yet. Be very supportive of him and don't expect to hear from him often. He will send you his address once he gets assigned to a Company which is where he will start his 9 week training. Good luck. Be strong. And don't listen to all the bad stories people say about Basic training.
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Oh I forgot do write to him often...mail is the one thing you look forward to each day. Also once he gets into what they call "WHITE Phase" he will be able to have his cell phone and be allowed to call every so often from it buy each company is different. I was in Alpha 210 which is one of the best companies on base....other companies might give their soldiers a lil more freedom. My drill sgts were really strict...so i used to sneak out on sundays during church time and call my mom and boyfriend..not sure if your husband is religious but if he is not tell him to go to church on sundays otherwise he will be left in the barracks cleaning.
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My husband went to the Heavy Equipment School there, they fought with the Army guys all the time. The Marines had to be 1st in line for chow & the soldiers couldn't walk on the grass in front of their barracks. I didn't visit him there, but he said there's not a lot to do at "Fort Lost in the Woods."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My Husband was a drill instructor there for a few years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2009