Need really quick help from all you ladies!

My friends are getting married tomorrow and I'm a brides-maid. Tonight is the rehearsal. I asked my friend how I should dress tonight and she said semi-formal. What does this mean? Does it mean a pair of nice blue-jeans and dressy shirt? Dress pants and dressy shirt? I only have 2 pair of blue jeans and 1 pair of dress pants butt hey're tight and uncomfortable. I just had a baby 3 months ago and haven't got back into my old pants yet. No time to go shopping plus we've spent so much for DH's tuxedo (he's Best-Man), my brides-maid dress, their bachelor and bachelorette party, PLUS their wedding gift! UGH! What do I do?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In the end, if you just don't have anything other than jeans, and a nice top, then that's what you wear and have a great time. In the grand scale of life, it isn't critical. :)

Answer by Bmat at 4:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would think a nice pair of blue jeans and a nice shirt would be fine.
    Anonymous

• Semi formal does NOT mean jeans. I'd call her and ask what she is wearing (or one of the other folks in the bridal party). If I am not sure what to wear I throw on a dress. Simple little black dress always works for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Don't wear jeans. Wear a LBD Little Black dress and heels.GL.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would advise you not to wear jeans... When I think semi formal, I think cocktail dress.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• The problem with a black dress is that it's what we're wearing for the wedding. MOH and all brides-maids are wearing black dresses. I don't want to wear it 2 days in a row.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• semiformal means just that, suit rather than tux, and less dressy than a formal for a dress. Usually formals are long and a semiformal is shorter.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• If you have a dressy maternity dress you can wear or some maternity clothes that you can wear that you can dress up. Jeans wouldn't be formal enough. Do you have anything other than jeans that you can wear that you can dress up. Pants and a jacket and nice top, would work. Semi formal means a party dress, or dressy pants and top. Dressier than church clothes. Could you get to a consignment shop and see if they have anything? Even call first and ask, to save yourself a drive.

Answer by Bmat at 4:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2009