Cramps, To worry or not???

I'm 19 weeks due feb 25th, and i get Light Cramps but they don't hurt very bad, My mother says i'm getting Braxton Hicks. One- Should i worry about these cramps? Two- Should i really be getting Braxton Hicks in the Middle of my Second Trimester?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• braxton hicks this far along is normal. that could be what is is! only time to worry about cramps is if you are spotting, or the pain is absolutely unbearable
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• its called ligament pain. braxton-hicks shouldnt start hurting untill you're about 30 weeks +. i've had "cramps" the whole time i've been pregnant. google ligament pain.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Its just your bodys way of stretching & making more room for baby. :) congrats!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 4:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i wouldn't worry too much. I had cramps througout most of my first pregnancy. your body is just making more room for the baby. if you start to notice blood then definitely go to the doctor.
    Andes_Mom

Answer by Andes_Mom at 4:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Hey, we're due date buddies! lol. I've had cramps, too. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, the cramping can come from dehydration, since your body needs so much more now that you are "building a person" as I like to say. It could also be Braxton Hicks. I know they usually start around 20 weeks or so, so it could be them. Some people have experienced them sooner. It could also be growing pains.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2009