How did you get things to move along faster.

I am 38+ weeks pregnant. I saw my midwife yesterday and she I was started so get soft and opening up a little not quite 1 cm yet. I have been walking for an hour everyday and cleaning like a mad women but nothing seems to be helping. What things did you do to start labor faster?

JDalila

Asked by JDalila at 3:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have sex
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 3:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• nothing will work other than waiting and you could have a month left so you have your waiting cut out for you. lol. good luck!!!! :)
    Anonymous

• Have sex and try to climax, your uterus will push the baby down further maybe openin you up a little more =]
    Anonymous

• Sex and stairs, those were my friend.
    Anonymous

• i walked and had sex, you could also ask about pumping they say that breat stimulation makes your uterus contract and that brings on labor, but i would ask first to make sure your baby is even ready. good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i read somewhere that caffeine and eating pineapple helps. it's not proven, but it's worth a try :) also keep walking and maybe try yoga. don't over-do yourself though, take time out to rest each day.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• honey i am right there with you i am 38+ weeks and i am trying to kick start labor too. i have mad contractions all the time but i just dont dialate. i walk like crazy, been trying out different sex positions ones that have deep penetration and been doing the stairs...so far nothing.. if you find something that works and you have your bb before me let me know.. i have a c section on the 19th and am due the 20th.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2009