are your cupboards full??

How full are you cupboards?? My ex has called me in to Cps for not having food like three times and I have had food all those times--he did it to be mean. Anway it has given me a mental condition--lol now I stocked all my cupboard and frezzers and bought extra cabinets. Anyway I saw him in the groceries the other day and went off and called me a bad mother so to lighten the mood, I asked this question, so don't be nasty!!--lol it just kills me everytime he calls me a bad mother, even though I only have seen him 5 times in 9 years, he is a deadbeat dad and he calls me a bad mother---what the hell??? I am the one who is here everyday---grrrr

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They're mostly full. I just went grocery shopping yesterday. I could fit a few more things in if I had to, but we're good for the next 2-3 weeks.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have about a week of food I want to eat, and another week to week and a half of food we could eat, that would be uninspiring and unexciting if I didn't pick anything else up, but would keep us fed. I usually try to keep it about that way, went grocery shopping two days ago, will go again in about 5-6. I know that all cps would do if they found you had no food would be to help you get ahold of the food banks and such, they would much prefer to keep your child in your home and help you get services rather than try to place the child in a foster home in an already overcrowded foster system.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I am sorry that you have to put up with this. It sounds as though your food supply is fine. I rotate my food- date it if it isn't already dated, and use the oldest first. This way I don't have expired food sit in the cupboards. Old dried goods- cake mix, flour, etc draws weevils and ants and moths, and old canned goods can pop or leak.

To answer your question, I have a pretty good stock of food. I try to have some canned meats or meat meal such as Dinty Moore's on hand, also I hear there should be a gallon of water per person per day, three days worth, in case of power outage or weather that would shut off power and water.

Answer by Bmat at 3:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Next time he brings it up, make sure you get a child support check, if he is gonna complain he can help out financially.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My cabinets are getting a bit sparse- as grocery day is not till friday (I shop for 2wk at a time). With winter coming on I am trying to stock up on can goods and get extra stuff for the pantry and freezer.
    As for your ex- too bad you can' t turn him in (and he get punished) for being a deadbeat dad.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• That is a shame you have to deal with that nonsense. Does CPS come to your house to verify you actually have food? If they do, and they see that you have plenty, then they will bust his butt if he calls with false accusations too many times. You might even be able to press charges on your own. Be sure to press for child support, too. His butt needs to be in jail if he refuses to pay, or refuses to work so he can get out of paying. I wish you all the best.

We fill our pantry, fridge, and freezer twice a month on paydays, but a few days before the next payday we are pretty low on food, but not out of it. My husband is the sole worker in the family and there are 6 of us to feed.

Again, best wishes to you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2009