VBAC anyone?

I have had two C-sections. The first was because DS was breech, the second was because my hospital won't do VBACs anymore because of the risk. I have a septated uterus, and I'm unsure whether that causes an increased risk. My midwife said that after the first C-section only one row of stitches was put in (instead of the recommended two). I'm really hoping for a VBAC if I have another child someday, and I was wondering if any of you have had a similar situation and had a VBAC. Of course I would do whatever is best and safest for the baby, but I wanted a perspective greater than that of my midwife.

betheroo

Asked by betheroo at 3:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just in case you haven't heard of it, check out ican's website: http://www.ican-online.org/

i have no experience with VBAC so i can't really help other than that :)

Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i want one but i heard the risks of having one is bad the mother could loose her life or even baby because the placenta can rupture badly i dunno i want on like i said some people are crazy!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• The risks are WAY overexaggerated! As long as youre not induced, the risk of uterine rupture is only 1%. So a VBAC is safe 99% of the time. I say definitely check out the ICAN site for some great info.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• VBAC is generally safer than repeat c-section, ohmama, from what i have read. (pushed by jennifer block has some info)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I'm hoping to VBAC for this baby. . . Have a good site for you to read too. . . I'd talk about the risks with your doc and discuss the surgical reports from your last two C-sections to see if you are a good candidate. . .

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vbac/VB99999/PAGE=VB00001

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2009