Is there such a thing as "nesting", when you are not pregnant?

I am not pregnant, but for the last week, I got this incredibly strong urge to totally clean out my house. My house is not dirty or disgusting in any way. But I have been totally throwing stuff out and scrubbing the whole place from top to bottom, and I am painting the rooms, and fixing stuff and I CAN'T STOP! My family says that I am in a frenzy and that its like I'm nesting. BUT MY HOUSE LOOKS GOOD! :0)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Sure there is. My husband is actually in that mode right now!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I do it sometimes right before my period starts. I really belive its my bodies way of preparing the house so that I can have a day to do nothing and feel horrible....;) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Every month before my period.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Do you live somewhere that gets cold in the winter? I live in Illinois, and I find myself doing this when the weather starts to turn colder, kind of preparing the house for winter and thinking of cozying up. I just bought a bunch of spicy scented candles to fill the house with Fall smells while I clean!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2009