how much spit up is to much?

she spits up all the time. she dont seem upset or anything she just spits up... she eats anywhere between 4 to 6 oz at a time but i burb her every 2 she spits up when i burb her but when she is done eating she can be laying there or even be probed up and will just start spiting up what should i do

momma2beat21

Asked by momma2beat21 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may have reflux or is just a baby that spits up. Keep in mind, there's saliva with the spitup so it looks like more. I'd ask the ped.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I sort of have the same problem with my daughter and I found out it was because she has acid reflux. You should talk to ur doctor though because every baby is different and it could be normal for her. Ive heard that if ur baby isnt upset when spitting up its nothing to worry about.
    brandidy56

Answer by brandidy56 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• my son does the same exact thing. i breast feed so idk how much he gets but he eats 5 min on each side and spits up after each time, and if its not right away he does later... and it looks like a lot.. Hes never mad or anything or upset when he does. its weird
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 5:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My daughter did the same thing from birth to about 7 months. She had reflux. Her doctor put her on cereal in the bottle at 3 weeks to attempt to make it better, along with a prescription that I stopped giving her after a week b/c it did no good. She finally grew out of it thank goodness!!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2009