How do you keep an 18 month old entertained for long period of time in the car?

I run errands as a business so somedays we are in the car almost all day. Somedays hardly at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A travel doodle board, our boys loved theirs! Also if you have a portable DVD player, you can get education DVD's at the library for him/her. You can also get books that the pages don't tear so they can look at them and not eat them,lol... Just a few suggestions.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• ugh... I have no idea. my son hates to be in and out of the car too many times. Its no fun and uncomfortable for him. We sing songs, he has a book he likes, we point at things he can recogonize but he's 23 months now. I don't know...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• That's tough. At that age they don't have long attention spans, so they like to switch activities fairly often. Also, they need to get out and have physical playtime, so make sure you make time for that. My 2 yo likes fun music - I have Fisher Price Dance, Baby, Dance and another Fisher Price CD with activity songs like Wheels on the Bus (you can sing a long and say Yay when it's over). My 2 yo also enjoys a drawing board (board w/ attached pencil that has a thing that slides to erase). A dvd player might also work.
    Anonymous

• No clue...ha ha A DVD player is what we use. Books, Wonder Color books that only color on pages, hand puppets, and mommy acting like a goof ball!
    babyg34

Answer by babyg34 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• One of those magnetic drawing boards!!! We keep ours for the car only and both my sons can draw on it for hours. For that matter pick up some toys at the dollar store and save them as car toys only!! Maybe even get a favorite toy that is only for the car!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• DVDs, there are car seat clip on toys. If you can put a basket of toys with in your reach and when needed at a stop light give him a new toy. If you can on the days you are in the car a lot give him a break to run around at a park or something.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009