How did you

get your 10 month old to drink from a sippy? I have tried everything.....and every TYPE of sippy ever made....and she hates all of them. And if she does start to drink from it...with in a couple days she acts like she has forgotten how.

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All you can do is keep offering it to her. You might remove the spill proof valve so liquid comes out more easily. Yeah, it'll be messy.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• try a straw cup. My son learned to drink from a straw when he was 7 or 8 months. I started by putting my finger over the top and he would get a taste and want more so he kind of taught himself to do it. Now he still hates sippies so we use a straw cup I believe it is Munchkin brand from walmart. He doesn't have to suck too hard to get it out and it doesn't spill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• With my grandson I just use a regular cup and bendy straw and hold the cup.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• just keep trying with her or try the cup above with a straw. i just offered a sippy cup to my 7 month old, and she tries using it but hasnt really gotten the hang of it, and makes a mess. but i know i have to keep offering it to her to give her the opportunity to learn how.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My son would only use a cup with a gel straw. He loved those.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I had the same problem with my son at about that age. I just kept giving it to him and he finally figured it out and loves it now (he's 13 mos)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2009