What kind of funeral do you want to have?

I want everyone to play 80's power ballads and sing karaoke to them. I want people to eat all my favorite foods and talk about how I was when I was alive. I don't want people to mourn me when I die, too depressing.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The only thing I want is to be cremated and set free, I don't want to be buried or placed in a hole in a marble building or up on a fireplace for display..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I agree with PP. I also want bagpipes! lol I love them! I want people to go to the beach and get loaded and throw my ashes in the ocean!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yeah, I forgot about that. I want to be cremated as well. The thought of my body decaying is absolutely horrifying and disgusting to me. I don't even like to think about it, I'd rather have science take what they can use and burn the rest.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• None.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I want to be cremated. After that, I dont really know what I want them to do.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I actually pre-planned my funeral at the age of 37. I know it sounds morbid, but my mom had planned hers and told me I should take advantage now and lock in today's costs, so I did. I chose my casket, got a vault, etc. I've left instructions for DH in a lockbox. That way, he (or one of my kids) won't have to struggle with that later and it saved a small fortune that can passed to my kids instead...
    nathansmom0400

Answer by nathansmom0400 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Last time I answered a question like this I didn't do it anon and what a mistake that was. Everyone has their preferences. My personal choice is to donate my body to the 'Body Farm". If you would like to read more about it I woi=ll include a link.  When the research is finished I want my remains cremated and scattered at the base of the waterfall my DH proposed to me at.

http://web.utk.edu/~fac/

Anonymous

• What they need to. My grandma died and didn't want a funeral because she didn't want us to morn. We needed to morn, it was awkward. We ended up having a little ceremony at the church and then she was put in the mausoleum. Then we all went to the my aunts and talked about her. So what they need to do, I just want my organs donated to someone who needs them, the rest buried. If I am lucky my hubby will be willing to be buried in the green cemeteries, near a tree maybe.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Just a little FYI: If you want to be a donor for organs, tissue etc.. PLEASE LET YOUR FAMILY KNOW... In my state even if you check organ donor on your drivers license, your family has final say.. If they say no, it is a NO!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• None, I want to be cremated after my vital organs are donated and I'd like my loved ones to take a vacation to the spot we go to every year and toss me around before leaving.  I have a living will and testament with my wishes in it.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 5:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009