Do you have a concept of trillion?

Just some perspective (or a reminder) esp for all of those who so want to just on spending..spending..and spending...

also check out the latest from the UN they want rid of our dollar..and remember China

Understanding the estimate of the governments debt of 12 trillion dollars.
This week, the United States’ national debt is expected to reach a record-breaking $12 trillion. And yesterday, the people of this country were reminded of how much we owe, but I do not or cannot begin to understand the amount of a trillion dollars. The following thread gave me a better understanding of a trillion, if you are murky concerning that sum of money, I suggest you use the following thread to find out.

http://defeatthedebt.com/understanding-the-national-debt/millions-billions-trill...

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 4:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• should we just say oh hell with it let SPEND some more! Like Obama seems want to do? I mean he tripled it within 100 days of office not even 100 days..

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Oh and some of the spendulous monies went to homeless people or those on the verge in Detroit Much the other day..wonder just how many drug and bottle heads lined up for it too..with no intent of holding onto any place of dwelling just intent on holding onto their needle or bottle..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• mich.*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Dont' worry, If Obama stops the wars the spending will slow down.
    Anonymous

• yeah anon...but he's not. He is going to half ass it. Just like everything else. Just enough involvement to F**** it up but not enough to be directly held liable. Thats how he rolls. Like this Afghanistan thing. I think McCrystal (sp?) came out the way he did because he didnt want to be blamed when the Sh*t hits the fan. He wanted people to know HE did HIS job.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Our deficit hit, today, the largest it has been since WWII. So, does BO own the defict now?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• "Dont' worry, If Obama stops the wars the spending will slow down. "

ROFLMAO! *Gasping for breath* And when will THAT happen?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I vote we just put all of DC on a 6 month (at least) furlough. They need to go back home and take in a large dose of reality.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Why yourspecialkid? They work about 3 days per week, but they did vote today to increase the Congressional operating budget. They are doing a fine job (said in my best Forrest Gump voice).

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009