Potty Training

So I have a 28 month old daughter, and Im trying to work on potty training her. The only issue I have is the fact that she has a liver disease and very loose bowels. Many people in my family, and my in-laws, have said they potty trained all their kids by putting them in panties, (not encouraging them to soil themselves with pull-ups) and sitting them on the potty every hour and after meals. Now, I have tried this, and everytime she has a bowel movement, it squirts out the sides of the panties, runs down her leg, and when I try to take them off, it smears all the way down to her ankles until they are off. I know I cant keep her in pull-ups any longer, because she frequently over-soils them, and wakes up almost every morning with pissy sheets, or sometimes even boo-boo all over them! I live in an apartment with no laundry facilities, and im 7 months pregnant, so I cant run to the laundromat every day..any suggestions?

mzhazelrae313

Asked by mzhazelrae313 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you might just have to take her more often than normal due to the loose bowels. i finally had a breakthrough with my SS. We bought reward charts. Just little bookmark ones. And everytime my SS poops in the toilet he gets a sticker. And he knows when his chart is full, he gets a prize. He hasnt dirtied his pants in over 2 1/2 weeks! He used to hold it in and only go every couple days, then play in it ugh......so maybe something like that might help. Other than that, ask your DD Dr what he suggests for her situation. Good Luck!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2009