ok I know this is TMI, but

I have seriously had diarrhea for 2 weeks now. I feel sick to my stomach. The thought of eating makes we wanna barf. My stool is more like straight water. It feels like I'm peeing out of my butt. So can someone PLEASE tell me how I have gained 5 pounds!?!
PS I have no uterus, so I CANT be pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Health

• I had something similar and it was viralgastroentrinitus. lol long word but can be serious. I would go to the hospital so that they can give you an IV. Thats what I had to do to stay hydrated. Immodium helped me too
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• you may be gaining wait because your body is in survival mode and trying to hold on to what it can
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• weight...no wait lol
    Steph319

• If its been going on for 2 weeks I would contact my doctor but in the mean time Drink a lot of water. Diarrhea is a sign of not having enough water. Also get some protein in your diet. I know it may suck but protein is the easiest thing to keep down whenever you have nausea and its good for you in general.

So protein and lots of water, start sipping now.
    Anonymous

• I think id go with gatorade or something with a log of electrolites. Try water but I know that it can be heavy on your stomach
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• sounds like gastroenteritis
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have been drinking water, even though it makes me sick. I will try the protein thing.
    For the viralgastroentrinitus what did the do besides the IV. Did you need antibiotics? or anything else to get rid of it?
    Anonymous

• I know this is disgusting but something to consider...something like 75% of people have intestinal parasites...or worms and never ever know it...my naturopath told me that...they can give you diahrrea. If you can afford it, you should see a naturopath. This is such a common thing..I knew an Arabic family that drank clove tea whenever they came to America from Yemen, because they got worms from the food there...clove tea kills the parasites.
    Anonymous

• diddo what anony at 500 said.

try going to a vitamin store or a health food store and ask someone there what you can do for your symptoms.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• They take blook and give you an antibiotic through the IV. It burns a bit but youll be better before you know it. I was fine by the next night. If you have insurance then Id go. Its nothing to be cared about. When I had it i couldnt eat or drink anything! One sip of anything would come right up. Just go
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2009