If you've ever hit a weight loss plateau - how did you finally break it?

I'm just wondering what other moms have found to make the scale start moving again...Thanks!

nathansmom0400

Asked by nathansmom0400 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• cut out the carbs like bread pasta & cookies, & exercise more
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Change out some of your menus and change out your exercise routine

Answer by admckenzie at 6:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I started losing weight when my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  When I plateaued, I still had about 15 -20 lbs that I wanted to lose so I cut out all carbs for about 2 weeks then went back to my regular eating habits.  My weight started dropping again by itself and I lost another 15lbs before I plateaued out again but this time I'm happy with my weight.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Juice fasting for 72 hours does wonders to reset my body. I've also done a week of all raw food. Your body gets flooded with nutrients and very little fat/ carb. It's a good detox too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I incorporated running with pilates and the eliptical and weights. The running finally took it all off. I hate it though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Im a runner..I run 3-5 miles a day.Now lately it seems the scale hasnt moved at all lol....Im actually at my ideal weight,but I wouldnt mind losing a few more pounds.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have hit a plataute at 160 lbs and all I did was change my routine na little bit ,such as added a little more excercise to it and cut out some foods and drank more water! By doing that I started back on the weightloss! I am currently going to do the Bomba which is awesome to kick start weightloss or break the stalemate position we hit! I also want to comment on Nattiesmoms comment about being at ideal weight and still wanting to lose weight! You are not going to be able to lose more weight when you are supposably at ideal weight! You can build muscle and shape what you have!
    jodilara

Answer by jodilara at 10:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Dont get me wrong I am getting toned up and I love the way I look...I just wouldnt mind losing a few more pounds.If it doesnt happen I wont be upset lol.This is my first platue(sp)that I have ever experienced and a bit frustrating lol.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have 7lbs left to lose and hit mine about 2 months ago.

I started to zig-zag calories and changed up my workout routines, instead of doing the same thing everyday. But I do believe some of my plateau is do to the fact that I have been doing tons of strength training, so I have been building a lot of muscle in those 2 months, so I try not to get to disappointed about the lbs...since toning is just as important to me.

I was on the scale this morning and something must be working because I actually lost a pound.
    peapods02

Answer by peapods02 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Update for me...I changed up my workout routine and the scale has moved in my favor lol.I have also been working on toning as well.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2009