Can I get a no bake cookie recipe with out peanut butter?

It is not that anyone here is allergic, I'm just out...

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 5:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• have you tried allreciepies.com or even foodtv.com?? Sorry i don't have one. I didn't know there was a "no bake" cookie reciepie.
    Anonymous

• I have tried that and they all have peanut butter! Well I found one but it has a TON of sugar =-( Thanks
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 5:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Rice Krispie cookies. They don't have as much sugar (only what is in the marshmallows) as cookies. They have no PB.

Answer by Bmat at 5:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My friend made some with Nutella instead. I don't know if that will work for you, if it's a nut allergy thing... but they were yummy! You could probably do a search for the recipe and find it, sorry I don't have it :[
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 8:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I found this one that sounds good, and all the ones i found seem to have 2 cups of sugar in them

http://southernfood.about.com/od/oatmealcookies/r/bl30425k.htm
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I've substituted tahini for peanut butter with good results. Cream cheese could work in some recipes.
    CLibb

Answer by CLibb at 11:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• 3-Minute No-Bake Cookies

2 cups granulated sugar
    8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter
    1/2 cup low-fat milk
    1/3 cup NESTLÉ(r) TOLL HOUSE(r) Baking Cocoa
    3 cups Quaker(r) Oats (quick or old fashioned*, uncooked)

1. In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling 3 minutes, stirring frequently.

2. Remove from heat. Stir in oats.* Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until firm. Store tightly covered.

Makes about 3 dozen.

*If using old fashioned oats, cool mixture in saucepan 5 minutes.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I don't know if you like thin mints like the girl scouts sell but I have a quick and cheap recipe for them you take a bag of chocolate chips melt in microwave add a few drops of mint extract depending on how minty you like it, then take a package of ritz crackers dip each cracker in the chocolate mix place on waxed paper in put in icebox until chocholate is hard doesn't take but 1-2 minutes for them to become hard and your good to go
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 12:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009