Crochet...

I am trying to make a plain afghan and I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm also worried that when I have to add more yarn will be the weak point that will unravel it all. I've had that issue with everything I've crocheted. It comes undone!!! What do I do? are there any good sites?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Don't know about sights. When you join two threads I always note the thread I am ending with, then start the the next like I started the very beginning of the blanket. I would recommend going to a craft store and see if there are classes. Or check the library and see if there is a group that meets, or go to a retirement home, I learned from my mom and grandma. It always helps for someone to see what you are doing. And you would pick up some great pointers. Enjoy hope that helped.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• http://www.craftown.com/crolesson.htm they have a download full of easy, fully illustrated instructions.

joining threads is easy, i'm not going to bother explaining, but you should look it up.

:)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• youtube has some great videos about crochet and knitting.....lots of neat advice and step by step instructions in the videos.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 4:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2009