Bogus school compaints

Does anyone else get notes home for a childs behavior that is def not necessary? My daughter got a behavior report sent home for coloring on her hands with marker during art time. Shes 2! I can see if its because she wasnt listening but it didnt state that. I thought it was a little rediculous. Mind you her teacher is 25 and has no kids. What weird stuff has your child been sent home with?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in

• no, my child attends montessori school, i have never heard a negative thing about my child (or another other kid there for that matter) out of anyone at the school - AND HE IS NO ANGEL! no notes either, look into a different schooling option imo....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• also...its one thing to be notified as to why your child is covered in red marker but a BEHAVIOR report? lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• hahaha wow....i've worked daycare and it seems sometimes that girls get a power trip from being in charge of children. now i obviously dont know her qualifications, but really? I would have prob just told you about it when she got picked up. But ya thats it. In fact I may have been the one to accidently promote it haha.....maybe she wants to work in a high school and thats where she's starting. IDK I've seen a lot of girls go through a daycare who have absolutely no place in a daycare. They think its an easy job....boy are they in for it! lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My daughter once got a report because she was peed on.
    You read that right. Someone else PEED ON HER and she got a report.
    It was a mistake- the new teacher filled out the wrong report, but still- that was one confusing evening for me.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 5:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I got several notes home before because my son would not stay on his mat for 2 1/2-3 hours. He is 4 and no longer takes naps. And if he does take a nap it is for an hour, not for nearly 3 hours! Instead of providing him with a quiet activity or book they insisted that he lay there with his head covered with a blanket. (which by the way they can not do according to the regulations for my state). I pulled him out and thank goodness, he is at a better place now.

Anonymous

• get this Amanda...The person writing these notes is the head teacher! She has a degree and all! lol just weird
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• teacher needs to get a life........fast.
    Anonymous

• I'd be looking for a new place. anyone who thinks a two year old doing that is a discipline issue has no grasp whatsoever on child development age appropriate behavior.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• wow.....yep i'd go for power trip then lol. ok, so maybe i'll try to give her a lil credit.....maybe those are the only forms she had, and doesnt have scratch paper........lol i tried
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am a preschool teacher and unless the child repeatedly does a certain behavior or the behavior is harmful to the child or others, I don't even tell the parents. BTW, a 2 yr old can be taught to NOT color on themselves with markers, they just have to be reminded a lot. Also, a degree doesn't mean someone has common sense or knows what they are doing. A degree is a piece of paper. Experience is a much better indication of knowledge, espeically when it come to kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

Next question in
question

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
wanna hear a joke? adult content