Agree with Bob Dole?

Former Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole (R-Kans.) told a group of local Kansas reporters on Wednesday, that opposition to the president's health care package had been driven by knee-jerk partisanship and urged Congressional Republicans to get on board a version of reform.

The 1996 Republican presidential candidate also predicted, following a speech at a health care reform summit in Kansas, that "there will be a signing ceremony" for a reform bill sometime this year or early in 2010.

Sometimes people fight you just to fight you," he said, according to The Kansas City Star. "They don't want Reagan to get it, they don't want Obama to get it, so we've got to kill it...
"Health care is one of those things," he added. "Now we've got to do something."
,"

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 5:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Discussing the failure to get a health care reform passed in 1993 and 1994, he said politics -- both from Congress and the White House -- was to blame. "Politics took over," he said. "And you lost."

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Yes...I agree that the Dems should go with the republican plan. That way EVERYONE comes TOGETHER.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I agree with Bob Dole. Finally someone sees the truth about all the difficulties.
    Anonymous

• I really like Bob Dole. Too bad he wasn't elected president.  He is wise, experienced and knowledgeable.  Did you vote for him Sweet?

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I agree with sweet and momof030404...the dems should quit bullying and get behind a Republican plan. The people want reform, but they don't want a government takeover...the dems should bend to the will of their constituents.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• well well well...I guess sweet finally got so drunk on the kool-aid that she passed out....when she awoke her mind was clear of the haze and her good sense had returned. Take it slow and easy though sweet, knowledge is a powerful thing.
    Anonymous

• I really like Bob Dole. Too bad he wasn't elected president. He is wise, experienced and knowledgeable. Did you vote for him Sweet?

No, I voted for Clinton. I felt sorry for him during the election, with that fall off the stage I think people got nrevous about his age more than anything else.

I don't know what you ladies are talking about me and the republican bill. I agree that people are fighting for the sake of fighting and that POLITICS is the reason that health care failed in 94...and WE THE PEOPLE LOST....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Y'all, I think sweet wants us all to bend to her will (and that of the dems in office) and to stop "playing politics and fighting just for the sake of the fight". She is no more interested in the Republican plan as conservatives are interested in the liberal plan.

I believe the big issue is that the devil is in the details. We all agree there needs to be reform, we just fundamentally disagree about how to get there and what it should look like when all is said and done.
    Anonymous

• Y'all, I think sweet wants us all to bend to her will (and that of the dems in office) and to stop "playing politics and fighting just for the sake of the fight". She is no more interested in the Republican plan as conservatives are interested in the liberal plan. I believe the big issue is that the devil is in the details. We all agree there needs to be reform, we just fundamentally disagree about how to get there and what it should look like when all is said and done.

I do not wish to "BEND" anyone. Bob Dole's quote was that people are fighting just to fight and that POLITICS was the reason reform didn't happen in 94 and that the PEOPLE lost...That is Bob Dole's sentiment and I agree...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I don't know what you ladies are talking about me and the republican bill. I agree that people are fighting for the sake of fighting and that POLITICS is the reason that health care failed in 94...and WE THE PEOPLE LOST....

And THAT is huge problem.  The main stream media isnt reporting the repub options.  Or the amendments that make sense that they are trying to put in the dem bills that the dems are smashing down.  That statement alone is very telling sweet.......

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009