easiest way to cut hair?

I love my sons long hair, but it is getting in his face, plus it's like a natural mullet (short on top, long at back) hahaha. he is very active, so scissors are out of the question. and buzzers, he'd either be afraid of the noise or try to hold it. either way, he'd be hard to keep still and fight being held down. any tips? he's 17 months old.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I actually held my DD still while my SO cut her bangs so that we could get them out of her eyes. She was pissed but it did the trick and we were done in just a minute.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• HI, I am a professional stylist and let me tell you toddlers are the hardest to cut! I don't know where you live, but just take him to an inexpensive place, and take pictures! Make sure they know this is baby's 1st haircut, it is dangerous to try it your self and only haircutting shears are sharp enough to do the job. I have been cutting hair for 20 years, and had a hard time cutting my own wiggle worms hair! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• at the place i get my boys hair cuts the stylists have clippers that are silent. They don't make that acarry noise. I have also heard of places where they only cut childrens hair. i don't know if there is anywhere like that near you, but you could look into it.
    Anonymous

• Go to a shop and Put the baby in the chair and stick sticker all over his legs and arms. He will be so distracted by pulling them off that he won't notice the scissors/clippers.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 7:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• fourisplenty, that's a good idea! he might get distracted by the clipper noise still, but that's a really good idea. if i take him to a place and they have silent clippers I'll see if the stickers work!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I thought my son (16 months old) would be afraid of the clippers too, but I distracted him enough to where he didn't even notice I was using them. I sat him in his booster seat in the kitchen. I gave him all the clipper attachments and turned on some nursery rhyme videos on youtube on my laptop. He didn't even care that I was cutting his hair. I've cut his hair with scissors too (I went to cosmetology school), but the clippers were much easier.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I know at like famous hair and places like that they have a kid chair with a tv in front of it to help. Also what about putting on his fave show and doing it that way. Or how about when hes sleeping? lol
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009