Am I wrong

Okay my dh has a step brother that has been in and out of jail for years. When dh was 8 and stepbrother was 15 he molested dh. My mil said it was jst boys being boys and brushed it off. So step brother grows up gets married goes back to jail for drugs and attempted murder. He gets out has 2 kids and molests them. His wife leaves hm he goes back to jail. Now he's out again and living with my in-laws. I refuse to bring my children to their house with him there. My mil thinks I'm being unfair to her. I think I'm protecting my kids and husband. What would you do? I know that I should forgive and my husband has but does that mean that we should hang out with this creep? I'm just looking for advise from an impartial party.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• i think that if your MIL wants to see the kids she needs to respect that you don't want them around your BIL. If she wants to see them then go pick her up and bring her to see the kids. I wish you luck and you aren't being unfair. Protective, yes!!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I am with you. I would not bring my kids around that man. You need to protect your kids.
    do not let your DH bring them ove there.

Answer by louise2 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My husban feels like I do but is torn cause his mom is the queen of guilt trips but he would never bring them their either.--op
    Anonymous

• hell no you shouldnt bring your kids around. what the hell is wrong with the mother? dont bring your kids around her either!! shes obviously crazy. i hope you dont let her babysit.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• YOU are right!! Stick to your guns, I had a similar situation, MIL was living with creep and refused to let DS go over there by himself! You would have think I was the one being unreasonable! No way don't let anybody pressure you, the good news --he will probably be back in jail again!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• IM with you. I wouldnt be going there either. Tell her, if she wants to see her son and grandchildren, she can go to your house, alone.

And it's fine if your husband has forgiven and if you do, Still doesnt mean you need to subject your kids to the risk of molestation.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• PS--Never let her come to your house to babysit, I have a feeling stepbrother would be there as soon as you were gone--take care!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• No mil iosn't allowed to babysit either. She doesn't like girls and we have two. She's a whole other story that would be a shrinks dream patient. lol
    Anonymous

• I would do like another poster said and just either go and pick MIL up or tell her if she wants to see the children she is more than welcome to come over. I would NOT have BIL any where near my children! EVER!! You are doing the right thing, and if your MIL has even a stitch of respect for you or your childs best interest, she will back off!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would NEVER take those kids near that man. She can go to them if she loves them and respects you! And make sure that you are there when she is with them. I dont trust someone that can still play the son card after all that hes done
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009