my dd is 4 months old n she is taking 7 oz of formula. i tried giving her rice cereal- she doesnt seem to like it. can i mix a little baby food in it to change the taste? please be very specific with what i can add. i am nervous to mix something in too early

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, you can definitely mix baby food in it. baby formula. Breast milk. Even a little juice.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• no, I wouldn't add baby food to the bottle, have you tried a little cearl by itself? make it soupy! I would talk to the doc about it, babies are SO different maybe a formula change is in order, I always err on the side of caution!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Hi,
    Sure you can change the taste. You can put a little applejuice or white grapefruit juice. That's what I did w/ mine.
    Kathy772

Answer by Kathy772 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Bananna cereal is good too.
    Kathy772

Answer by Kathy772 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Do not put cereal in the bottle, or anything else other than formula or breastmilk. If you're talking about the cereal itself, try adding a bit of fruit (stage one or the homemade equivalent) or add a tiny bit of juice.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Where does it even SAY that she puts it in the bottle?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I am not sure what your question is? If it's she is still hungry give her 8 ounces. I have grandson 4.5 mos old) on 8 oz he does just fine. If she is crying try burbing her after 4 oz and then feed her the rest
    TDN

Answer by TDN at 6:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• honestly mama, some babies just aren't ready for solids at four months.
    Some are some aren't.

We skipped cereal all together and started ours at 4 months on sweet potatos. SHE LOVES THEM.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 7:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009