So I'm 7 weeks into my third pregnancy and I'm exhausted and dealing with a lot of nausea. I have two little girls already 3 years and 16 months. My pregnancies with them were very similar-nausea starting at about 8 weeks, not so much exhaustion. I am wondering if maybe it means there is siomething different about this one- maybe a boy? I know they say every pregnancy is different. Did you have very different pregnancies with boys versus girls? Just curious.

Please no rude comments. Obviously, I know you can't predict this for me. I just want to hear others' experiences.

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 6:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I gave birth to 3 boys. All three pregnancies were different. I carried one high, one low and the other side to side. It's just a crap shoot. I had nausea to the point of hospitalization with one and not even a sour burb with another. I wish there was a way for you to tell.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I couldn't say.. I'm pregnant with my second, and I don't know the gender yet.
    However, I have heard that every pregnancy won't ever be the same as your first, no matter the gender. It's proved true so far for me anyway! :]
    I have terrible migraines with this one - bad enough to where I have to get prescription medication, because Tylenol might as well be a placebo for me... And my mood swings are absolutely epic with this pregnancy.
    I thought my first pregnancy mood swings were bad... little did I know... :]
    But, congrats to you, momma!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have had 3 boys, and am pregnant with my 4th child now. I am only 11weeks along so i don't know if it is a girl or boy yet. I can tell you that this preg. is so much different than with my first 3 preg. I was NOT sick at all with my first 3 boys, but i can't keep much down with this pregnancy. I am nauseated pretty much all day with diarrhea too. I feel so weak and still have to care for my 3 boys who are 4,3 and 17mo. it is not fun and i hope it ends real soon. i don't know if i am having a girl, but it would be nice. i really just want this sickness to end and to have a healthy baby.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have to say it makes no difference at all if its a boy or a girl. My 2 pregnancies are night and day from each other. This time I was soooo sick (lost 13lbs by 14wks sick) and so exhausted I could hardly function, nothing like my first pregnancy. And I have 2 girls!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• well, a old lady i used to work with always told me that boys will mess up your body.... they have no respect for their mother lol. and that girls were easier. i will say that for me it was true. with my 2 boys i had a hard time (the first one i got severe pre-eclampsia, with the second one i had really horrible morning sickness..... and i gained 50 lbs. with each pregnancy). with my daughter, i had it pretty easy.... just very tired and gained less than 30 lbs. so in my experience girls are easier than boys, but that might have just been for me lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• well with my first kiddo it was a boy and i was tired all the time almost intill i was 6months pregnant. thats all i did was sleep and i hardly ever ate. i am pregnant with a little girl now and i was not tired al the time in the beginning, but i am 38 weeks now and i cant get enough sleep and i am nauseas at night all the time. every mommy and pregnancy is different.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009