Okay so I'm really not sure what to do...

I'm 17 & just found out I was pregnant, I've took a billion and one tests and been to the doctor to confirm it. A few weeks ago I gathered up the courage to tell my mother. She quite literaly won't listen to me, when I told her she said "No, you're not pregnant" and ever since then if I bring it up she tells me that it's not happening and it can't be. I don't know what to do anymore. I need her support on this one to be honest and the boy isn't around anymore, nor do I have any friends nearby since we moved recently. She's literally all I've got at the moment.:|

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take her to your next doc appt. Ask to get the medical file stating that Yes, you are indeed pregnant.
    She can't deny it forever, she might be dealing with her own feelings about it, and she's just denying first, realization later.
    Explain to her what you just said. You really need the support, you have no friends, and she's all you've got. You need her.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Don't give up hope girl! I'm 19 and have numerous friends who have this same problem!! Your mom will come around! She's having it just as hard as you are right now. She's thinking, "oh no my baby girl is having a baby! what am I going to do?" She's not quite sure what to do herself. I would sit down with her and say mom, I'm sorry but this baby is coming whether you want to be in his/her life or not! I need you to be with me now! I need your support! You both need each other right now. Hope this helped some! If you would like to talk more just message me!! :) Oh and by the way, my friends parents, have ALWAYS came around!!
    Tiffanee
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• She will come around; she just doesn't know how to react right now and it's easier for her to deny that it's reality, but one day she'll be in a store and see some cute baby item and realize my baby is having my grandbaby and I can't wait to hold him or her. Just hang in there; you're not alone. Maybe you can look for a group on her for young mommies. I wish you luck and don't worry.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Give her time to adjust to the idea. Pretty soon, it will be hard to ignore the reality. It takes time to have such a life-altering event sink in.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• here*
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• What do you want to do?? I know she is embarassed hurt humiliate etc... but right now you must plan for what you would like to do and what your baby is going to have when he/ she comes into this world, I wish I was there to give you a hug!! What does boyfriend say? How are you going to finish school? There are so many options for you these days, adoption, marraige, raising the baby with your family (or his). I guess it is time to grow up, she will come around or she won't, but please go to the doc, get good prenatal care and take care of yourself!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Awe honey if you need someone to talk to please send me a message. I was barely 18 when I got pregnant and somehow everything has worked out. Now I'm 19 so I'm still fairly young and I somehow made the cutest damn baby boy ever. I never knew a baby could have so much character and personality.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009