itching bad!!!

im 7 3/7 weeks pregnant and my stomach ( belly button area) is itching really bad... is that normal!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah. Just stretching/dry skin.
    Use a thick lotion, like Aquaphor or... Palmer's Cocoa Butter, Jergen's works really well too.
    Or just any lotion and apply liberally. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It's your skin stretching; and it only gets worse! I'm 23 wks and my belly still itches. you need some good cream to put on your belly. My friend just got me some "lay it on thick" by true blue spa from bath and body works; it seems really good. And my belly hasn't itched today lol
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I use body butter from victoria secret. It works like a charm...and it smells great! =D It's definitely normal. I'm 15 weeks and it comes and goes.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Totally normal- lot's of lotion!. when are you due? I am due with my fifth on May 17!
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 6:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• im due may 21 with my first!
    Anonymous

• Yup...and its probably going to get worse. Get some lotion (the good stuff) and put it on a couple times a day. If that doesnt help try benadryl cream or even taking benadryl.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• DON'T SCRATCH TO MUCH YOU WILL HAVE MAJOR STREATCH MARKS AROUND THE BUTTON AREA!!! BUT LOTS OF COCA BUTTER... AND JOHNSON&JOHNSON STRECH MARK CREAM!!!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2009