What should I say

This has really been on my mind and I don't know how to address it without coming off the wrong way. I've been in a relationship for 2 years, (I've known him for 3) We have a 6 month yr old daughter and he has 2 girls from his previous marriage. His marriage ended horribly and his ex is nothing but a gold digger and always has to have her way its so frustrating. Being that he was with her for 12 yrs I can understand his resentment toward marriage and love..to an extent. He does act loving towards me and is very affectionate but he's never actually told me he loves me. He tells his girls all the time in front of me and it bothers me, I dont want to be the jealous girlfriend I just want us to be happy. How do I fix it?

AlexxasMama

Asked by AlexxasMama at 6:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• So do you tell him you love him and he doesn't respond? Or do you not tell him either.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 6:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Oh honey I am in a very similar situation. He was in a relationship for 6 years that ended VERY badly and we've been together for almost 4, and we have a 16 month old DD together, and still he has never flat out said that he loves me.

My advice is to be strong and realize that even though he doesn't say it, he does still love you. If it means that much to you, talk to him about it, and hopefully he'll be willing to change a little for you.
    Anonymous

• You can't. He has Bagage. Take him the way he is, or leave it.
    You didn't know this when you first met him, before you got really serious.

Answer by louise2 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I've never actually said it directly like I love you but I've said it in reference, Idk I just want to hear the words every girl needs to know their man loves them.

I agree if he's showing it thats all that matters I guess I just don't want to go 5 yrs later and still be like I wonder if he loves me. You know? We'll see he's just so masculine I don't know how to approach it that way, but I do love him..a lot.
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 6:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I agree with louise2...you can't...it won't matter what you say, you will always be asking something of him he can't give..he may try but it would be wasted energy on your part to even engage in the conversation, he'll keep dissapointing you...sorry, I've been there..
    Anonymous

• Let it go action speak louder than words anyway. If he shows you he loves you what else matters, one day when he is good and ready he will say it ;)
    Anonymous

• maybe not saying it says it all
    Anonymous

• so you had a child with him and you both never said "i love you" ??? that is very odd to me! hmm well idk about that one..maybe tonight tell him you love him and see what he says.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 7:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Answered at 7:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 by: Anonymous
    maybe not saying it says it all

I think thats the best answer..and yes we had a baby someone can tell you they love you and not mean it. When he tells me I want him to mean it..so if he can show me he loves me for the rest of our lives without saying it I'd be a happy woman. Thanks girls
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 10:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2009