Anyone have a miscarriage and realize that it might have been for the best?

It's been a little over 3 months since I lost what I thought was my baby at 13 weeks (turns out the egg never developed) and I'm finally feeling like maybe it was for the best. My son is still under a year old and it would have been really hard. Now that I'm not pregnant I've gotten to have a little more fun and I'm feeling like I might want to start trying again by January. :]

Yes, it was a veryyyy hard time for me and I felt like my world was ending, but now that I look back at it, it's not so bad.

ours

Asked by ours at 7:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't miscarried, but I recently talked with my grandma and she told me about when she did--- she had a horrible time with it, but does think it was for the best. Especially when you miscarry that early- nothing can be done and usually is because something is wrong. I'm sorry for your pain, but I know you're not alone.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• its normal i think. i went through 2 miscarriages before my son and they were awful, but there was a time after where i thought ya know we couldnt afford a baby now, or my husband and i would be fighting constantly. but i still think about them everyday, and i always will, but i did my grieving and im better now, and have moved on with my life.
    Anonymous

• Ya it was awful :[ It may have just been an egg, but my body still "thought" it was pregnant till 13 weeks. I was throwing up everywhere, my boobs were bigger, very tired, everything. There was a placenta that had formed too so when everything passed it was probably the most painful thing ever (I had a c-section with my first baby so I can't talk about child birth pains).

I woke up and felt like I was dying. This may be TMI, but I got up and it felt just like when my water broke last time I was pregnant, but it wasn't water :/ I don't know how I didn't need a blood transfusion with how much I bled. I had to take those giant pads that they give you after you have a baby and change it like every 30mins for hours :[ I'll never forget it.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I went through that. I got pregnant and I was not ready for another baby (my youngest was only 6 months). When I miscarried I was so devastated but at the same time relieved. I struggled a lot with these feelings I had. I missed my baby so much and was mourning my child's loss, as well as my husband who was actually wanting to be done with kids. Now its almost 9 months later since I miscarried and I still think about it,. I would have been due late october early november so its been really hard lately. I just wanted to say that its ok to go through all these emotions, but don't let the guilt get to you (like it did me for awhile). You know that you loved and missed that child, and you always will. Also, its good to mourn your loss, but don't let it manifest you, don't let it rob you of your joy. message me if you ever need to.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i was in a bad relationship with my ex and he was mean to me and beat me everyday! I had gotten prego's with him and thaught I was in it forever.. But I never thaught for one moment that I was going to have a miscarriage. I wanted a baby so bad and I guess god had other plans for me.. I was going to have a boy and his name was going to be keven jermain.. I was 22 wks preggers and the baby was 269grams..and 19 1/4 long. this was in march of 04! he would have been 5 years old.. But I know it would have been a mess whith me and kevin's father!!

* SO I KNOW WHAT YOUR FEELING MAMA , BUT THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON!
    * I WASN'T READY TO HAVE A BABY AND GO TO SCHOOL AND WORK...
    TOO MANY THINGS ON MY PLATE..

SORRY TO HEAR THAT... KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS PRINCESS***XOXO
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I had a miscarriage a year ago. I didn't want another baby, but at the time, I was happily married and so it would have been ok. Since then we have separated and are almost divorced. I wonder if that baby would have tied us together, but if not I'm glad that I don't have 4 children to support on my own.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm glad I read this. I miscarried when my son was nearly 10 months. I hated feeling bad for the lost baby. I need to move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2009