what can i do to boost my energy?

I just found out im pregnant, 5 weeks now. i also have a 10 month old. i have no energy though, im so tired and just bummed, not about the baby cause im very excited, but i still feel bummed all day long. i feel like im being a bad mom to my son because i'm not playing with him as much and i feel like i'm getting on him more for touching things. i just wanna cry. and i know its all hormones, but what can i do? i don't want to drink a ton of caffeine to get me going, but i can't sleep at night either, even though im exhausted. ugh, i just feel down in the dumps. please any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are you eating the right kinds of foods? Complex carbs and proteins are a good source of energy. I have the book What to Expect when Your Expecting and it has some good suggestions for energy builders. None has worked for me though. I have a 4yr. old 3yr. old 17mo. old and am 11weeks preg now. I am throwing up all day and night and am sooo weak that i don't have energy to feel guilty. No really, is still get up and do what i need to do for my boys, but i feel for you. I am too sick to keep much food down so that is why i am not so energetic, but try things like oatmeal in the morning and just eat sensibly. Take your vitamins too. Hope you feel better soon. Try to get some rest if you can. Too much caffine can rob you of energy also so limit that. Try to get some exercise which will give you energy and help boost you mood as well.
    Anonymous

• he obv needs attention and i know its hard. try interacting with him in ways that you can relax. Like reading to him and coloring. Or take him outside and relax while he runs around the back yard. If its safe and enclosed that is
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I feel for you. I feel like I'm a bit of a short fuse too. I care for 5 kids (ages 6, 6, 5, 4, 2) I don't get much done at all. Reading, coloring, watching educational shows, etc help and keep them occupied. Bananas and oatmeal helps in the morning. Small snacks throughout the day. Even then, some days we just hope for better tomorrow. First trimester will be over soon and hopefully I'll have a little more get up and go.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 9:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• ohh princess don't beat your self up!
    just give your son a puzzel of a cool
    game to play while you lay back
    and get some rest..
    you may want to cry and mope
    but it is ok to do so
    your preggers
    remember..?
    just take it slow and make
    sure you let your son
    know your still #1...
    **take it easy mom**
    ******xoxoxo******
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2009