I'm 6 months pregnant and i have trouble sleeping? what helped you sleep?

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 7:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i can lend you my boys to watch...... they always exausted me by the end of the day LOL. but seriously i would drink some warm sleepytime tea (it's just cammomile tea) and that would usually relax me. also try a warm shower or bath before bed
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Having the baby..lol. Not sleeping is one of those things that just part of being pregnant. I have had a lot of trouble with that during this pregnancy. I have found things that help. I usually put my kids down around 8 or 8:30 for the night. Then I sit and relax for a while...maybe take a bubble bath and read. I try to unwind as much as possible and leave house work for in the mornings. I also will take a small dose of benadryl if nothing else works.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I started off taking Benadryl on the nights they were completely unbearable - probably twice a night. Then I discussed with doctor, and he gave me a low dose of Ambien.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Lots of pillows!!! My poor husband doesn't have much room in the bed. I think you end up getting more sleep agter the baby is born!! At least you get longer stretches between feedings since you aren't up constantly to go to the bathroom or because you are uncomfrtable!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• wow, i thought i was the only one who took Benadryl to fall asleep. lol I hate not sleeping at night while pregnant. I am not looking foreward to that this pregnancy because i have 3 children 4 and under with this pregnancy. No sleep would not be good for my patience.
    Anonymous

• I bought this body pillow called the snoogle. It was a huge pillow that curved on the ends. It was perfect for me, went between my legs and around b y my head. I loved it
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• a body pillow worked for me. i surrounded myself with pillows
    Andes_Mom

Answer by Andes_Mom at 8:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i ordered a pregnancy relaxation CD from amazon.com, and i would always fall asleep like 10 minutes after it started playing. :) it was really weird actually because i would always snore really load when i listened to it and i usually don't snore. i wish i could remember the name of it but i bet there are a few good ones out there.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• well what i am doing right now is limiting my sugar and caffine intake. i wont have anything sweet or with caffine in it after 5pm,sometimes sooner in the evening.i also go for a long walk right after dinner close to bed time.then i take a really hot shower,stand in it or even sit down and just close my eyes and let the hot water trickle down my body.i also have classical music playing and a fan going while i sleep or at least try to sleep.if those few things dont work i get up stretch my body out expecially my legs find a comfy position and then read a book till i can barely keep my eyes open.most nights i dont go to sleep till sometime passed midnight but hey at least i am well rested the next day.if none of these things work buy this pillow, you can only get it online but I LOVE IT!! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267436#
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• play soft music to the belly...
    make sure it is classical
    or easy listening music
    this will help put your
    peanut to sleap fast
    and you will feel
    100% better
    **promise**
    **xoxo**
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2009