my hubby and I are trying to have a baby, any tips on how to try for a girl?

ami615

Asked by ami615 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My MIL told me to "think real hard and you'll get one."
    She never had a girl, probably despite thinking really hard!

I don't think there's any real sure fire way to "get a girl" when TTC. Maybe if you went by the Chinese Gender calendar.... but strictly as a "just for fun" kind of thing.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• well from what I hear the male sperm are faster swimmers, so if you have sex 4 days (or 3 days)before you ovulate you are more likely to have a girl, but there are no guarantees obviously.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• The Chinese Baby predictor has been like 90% accurate for hundreds of years!! Those Chinese people were SO smart. They understood so many things that we still don't today. I would guess the best way to try for a girl would be to go by that calendar. You would have to google. It goes off of your birthdate and other onformation like when your period was. It will tell you the months you are most likely to conceive a girl!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have 2 georgeous boys, and really wanted a girl. I researched and this is what I did. You eat lots of yogurt and orange juice (to create a more acid environment which boy sperm find hard to thrive in), you have sex 3 days before you ovulate. You have sex in the missionary position, make sure there is shallow penetration on his behalf (boys cant swim and survive as long as girl sperm), and dont orgasm! Your discharge from this wipe girl sperm out. So we tried it and got the first girl out of 3 generations of boys!
    Anonymous

• Two girls. Both conceived doggy style with deep penetration.
    Anonymous

• its not to say you wont get a girl trying any other way, but I have heard shallow penetration, woman not climaxing and eating acidic foods are the most optimum ways of trying for a girl.
    Anonymous

• #1 tip.........
    (( don't consentrate too hard!!

-spelling-
    xoxo
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Your egg is always the X chromosome and the sperm can be Y or X.
    chromosomes XX are a girl(they are slower but much more resistant)
    chromosomes XY are a boy(they get to the target faster but are less resistant)

Therefore you have a higher chance of getting a girl if you have intercourse a little before ovulation.
    if you have intercourse at the time of ovulation then you have a higher chance of having a boy.

I hope that made sense...
    GOOD LUCK :)
    Super07Woman

Answer by Super07Woman at 10:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2009