Do your kids have the same pediatrician?

I never thought to take my kids to separate doctors - or at least not until they're in their tween or teen years, but I seem to see a lot of moms picking a male doctor for sons, and female for daughters, very early on. Is it just me, or do your kids see different doctors?

Jeiao

Asked by Jeiao at 7:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids all go to the same practice. They have 2 male doctors and 2 female doctors. We see whoever is there the day we have an appt. My kids like all the doctors.
    Growing up me and my brother went to the same pediatrician which was a woman.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My older kids go to a different ped than my youngest due to insurance issues. My older three are covered by their dad's insurance, and my youngest by my husband's. Neither practice will take the insurance company that the other takes.

Answer by missanc at 8:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• All 4 go to the same one. I would never pick a doctor based on sex. I pick a doctor because his/her beliefs and values match mine. Vaxing, meds, discipline, nutrition, etc. I need to trust my doctor and trust his thoughts about how to take care of my kids.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My two go to the same dr. We take my stepson to another dr bc he has known him from birth and knows all about stepson's adhd and other behavioral issues. His dr also knows about stepson's mother and her "issues" and has no problem calling her on the fact that she does not do what is best for stepson. We love that dr but he is over an hour away since we moved, otherwise my two would see him too.
    Anonymous

• Well I only have boys. But they both see a female doctor. She has 6 kids... Something tells me she has seen a penis before and isn't afraid of them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Sabrina the point isn't that the doctor is uncomfortable. I'd be seriously looking for a new doctor if they were that unprofessional. But that the child is comfortable as a teen or tween with the doctor. I have all girls and my peditrician is female. However there are male doctors in the practice and my 14 year old has expressed discomfort with any type of exam that would require her to undress. So we go to our regular doctor for her.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My kids have the same doctor, but they are both girls. I would take a boy to her to though. I guess I am with you and I dont think it makes sence either.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My husband, daughter and I, along with my sister and her family and several friends all see the same family practioner.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009