what do they do when you have a baby to where you dont poop on yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The doctor will give you an enema to prevent this. But trust me pooping on yourself is the last of your concerns when delivering your child.

Anonymous

• they don't really do anything lol, it happens sometimes
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My mom swears my the enema. She said it sped up her labors and made her contractions less painful.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• A lot of times women do. It doesn't go ON them, just out. Often she won't realize she did it. It's so common, really, no one cares. It is a normal function when something as large as a baby is pressing the bowels as it comes out. It can even considered a good thing because if there's poop then there's a baby coming right after! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I've never heard of a doc giving anything for that (unless it was a planned birth, then I could see them giving an enema). I've given birth twice and not once did I get anything (or was offered anything). I do know that they keep extra pads (the ones you lay on) and if you do poop yourself, they will quickly remove the pad under you and put a new one down there. I didn't have it happen, but I've heard from the doctors that the majority of women poop when pushing during delivery. Even if you did, you probably wouldn't even know it, and the doctors and the nurses are so used to it, they wouldn't think anything of it.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Doctors don't give enemas anymore. You can do it yourself. But consider this. Do you really want to be having contractions, laying on the floor with your ass in the air and a bottle of water up there? Negative. I'd rather poop on the doctor. He'll get over it.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Poop happens. No one cares, no one even mentions it. The nurse will just wipe it up. When you're pushing your baby out, poop is the last thing on your mind. I felt myself pooping, but didn't give a dang!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• they hardly ever do the enema anymore. that's pretty old-fashioned. sometimes the mom poops, sometimes she doesn't. it's not a big deal :)
    Anonymous

• I've had 4 kids and never even thought about whether I did or not. But I don't think it was a problem, I threw up and had diarrhea when my labors started, I'm pretty sure I was cleaned out!

Answer by missanc at 8:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• One of the signs you might go into labor soon is you get the poos. Its your body's way of cleaning stuff out & getting ready. They dont do enemas anymore at the hospital. I remember they offered me one with my first baby but I declined (that was 19 yrs ago) My youngest is 3 & they didnt even offer me one when I had her. Believe me, poop coming out of you is the LAST thing you will be worried about by the time that baby is coming out of you. lol
    Anonymous