Question about handfasting. Part deux.

I want to use the cords in my handfasting. Where do I get them and what do the different colours mean? Also how many cords do you use?

beeky

Asked by beeky at 8:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We just bought lengths of silk cord at JoAnn Fabrics. I don't know if this link will work but here's a pic of ours in our handfasting. There is a lot of different ways to do the cords. Some do ribbons, some do only one, some do six.

Here's a good article Make your own handfasting cord.

And here's a quick color chart I just googled.

Hope that helps :)

Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• The cords can be anything you want... I like the idea of ivy or some other vine type of plant. But you can really do almost anything. If you are not using a vine of some kind just make sure it's natural fibers. And as for colors I would stick to either the colors of your wedding, white or red. You could also look at what colors represent in association with their magical uses...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You could also do a gold & silver one intertwined to represent male & female becomming one... That could be really nice!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• AH I was just going to say gold and silver LOL.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Dang. Good answers already.

Just one suggestion..if you are going with cords that are not going to be cut, you can have them made into a wedding wreath keepsake that you can hang on your wall, complete with pictures of the event.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2009