abortion/birth control

In early stages of abortion some would say that its the same as killing the sperm that is trapped in a condom; killing a potential fetus. How do you feel? If you have an abortion in the early phase where there is no heartbeat, is it the same as killing the sperm that would have potentially produced a baby?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anybody remember Monty Python?

Every sperm is sacred.
    Every sperm is great.
    If a sperm is wasted,
    God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is wanted.
    Every sperm is good.
    Every sperm is needed
    In your neighborhood.
    Anonymous

• No a baby is not formed until sperm meets egg. You are comparing apples and oranges.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• no its not the same. spermicide is preventing the sperm from doing its job to create a pregnancy. an early-stage abortion is still an aborted pregnancy.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• by the time the woman knows she's pregnant (in MOST cases, not all I know, before I get my shit jumped) the heart is already beating. that happens 18 days after conception (less than 3 weeks from conception, less than 5 weeks gestation). so by your theory no it's not the same since the baby's heart is most likely beating when the mother decides to abort.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• but...if you are intentionally stopping the sperm from fertilizing the egg, wouldnt that be like termintating a pregnancy? btw Im just playing devils advocate considering i use condoms but would never abort
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Once the sperm and the egg "get together" it is a Baby. To kill it is wrong. If the sperm and egg never meat then there is no baby. It is not wrong to kill off sperm.

ifollowjesus

Answer by ifollowjesus at 8:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• birthcontrol solves all problems
    Anonymous

• "birthcontrol solves all problems"

Not for everyone. There are people who are against BC.
    Anonymous

• anyone against BC, esp for relig purposes is batshit. plain and simple.

its not as though we aren't already over populated- jeez. it is statements like those that continue to push the population rise.

*disclaimer* i do not believe in abortion as a form of BC, but that it does have its place. no it is not the same as preventing sperm from meeting egg. but it is not wrong either.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I think that you have a reasonable question, one I use to ask. In my opinion it is. Simply b/c sperm "thinks," although it has no mind, and it "lives" although it has no heart. Our body has a mind of its own and decides for us when to "abort" sperm. I dont feel that there should be any fingers pointing or religious blaming if a woman decides to abort a growing "fetus." To me life begins the day you enter the WORLD not the WOMB.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009