How many should I buy for the babies first few months?

I already have a stock up on clothes for my LO
he will be here around Nov 10th

So in your opinion how many...

SLEEPERS
ONESIES
BEANIES

Should I have?

Anything else that would be great to have in a larger number that most new moms dont realise??

PS I already have a ton of burp cloths

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 8:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I LOVED the sleeper sacks!! They were WONDERFUL!! I used them at night so it was an easy diaper change. Plus, they look so darn cute in them :) Also, if you are working full time right now, I'd stock up on diapers and frozen dinners. They are a life-saver!! We bought diapers from 1 to 2. Everyone told us don't bother with newborn ones cuz they aren't in them that long, but once he came home we actually used them for several weeks. But to have those dydies sitting there and not have to go buy them...it was great!! And the frozen dinners were awesome because DH could stick one in the oven for us for dinner. I had an unplanned, emergency c-section, so I couldn't get up and make dinner for quite some time.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• receiving blankets. They work great for swaddling baby. I had enough sleepers to do one a day for a week b/c that is when I do laundry. Onesies you may want to have enough for 2-3 a day depending on how much baby spits up. Mine did a lot so we went through close to 4 a day, most days we were naked (summer baby). Hats just make sure that you have enough so that you have a clean one when you leave the house. Congratulations.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Sleepers are my absolute favorite to have for a baby born during the winter months. My kids lived in those. I didn't use many onesies unless it was summer time. So, I would say about a dozen sleepers (especially if your little one is a spit upper!). Maybe 3-6 onesies.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would stock up mostly on the sleepers and blankets because winter is coming and usually new baby's arms and feet get cold easily.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Socks, find good ones that do not kick off easily. Babies loose most of their heat from their head and feet.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2009