Does your child/baby scream loudly?

My son thinks its fun to scream. He's not in pain, he just does it to see me cringe. lol.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He is only doing b/c he can and he gets a response. If you don't respond then it will eventually stop.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My boy does it when he's mad at you or mad at a toy cause things ain't going his way. I think it's funny but I do tell him to knock it off in a serious tone. He sometimes does it when he's playing with his older brother just to get his attention. I try my hardest not to laugh when he squeals and screams at his toy because its not doing what he wants it to do. The wind was blowing so hard today here on the East Coast and he absolutely loved it, but when it stopped he would squeal at me as if I was the one controlling the wind and not making it blow. LOL!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 8:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My middle daughter has been a screamer since day one, literally!! She is almost four now and she will let out these terrible screams and you'd think she was being murdered! Not fun, but I think I am just used to it now :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My daughter is a screamer. Lets out the ear ringing screams and just smiles while my ears are throbbing.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My little one has screamed since he has been home from the hospital. Nearly 8 months ago. Docs said colic/reflux.. now it is "Mommy pick me up..all day long and stay in my sight" screams!
    citykityk

Answer by citykityk at 10:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My ds cries loudly - just naturally. It is nearly ear-splittingly loud!! When he was born he was in the NICU and we could always pick out his cry when we were walking down the hallway :) lol Now, when he cries, he just WAILS! DD was the same way. First DS was (and still is) pretty laid back - hardly ever cried...and when he did it was normal!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2009