Expired BC

Crap.
When I got my 6month supply the dr told me to take certain packs 1st, before they expired, well there was 1 more than I thought and Im now 1/2 way thru it.
Exp dates 09/2009.
Im going to stop taking it and start a new pack but should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is no need to start a new pack. Finish this one up, just use backup protection (which you'd have to do if you stopped one & started another anyways, since it would restart your cycle & mess you up for about a month). It has only been a week since 09/2009 & from what I've read & heard they don't just stop working the moment they expire...it's their potency that goes down slightly. Basically for the next month or two they are more like a low-dose than full-strength.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't worry at all. I've had fertility docs say that stuff was good 6 months or more past the expiration. It might diminish very slightly, but not much at all. If you're very concerned you'll end up pregnant though, you might use backup protection just in case.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009