does your SO play xbox all day

When my SO gets off work he plays xbox all night....i am a SAHM and take care of kids 24/7 do you get mad if your SO plays xbox all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not xbox.. he has a ps3.
    But, generally he does. When I ask him for help, he pauses or quits the game and helps me. He'll take over diaper changes and feedings and bath when I need it - especially since I'm pregnant.
    He used to be pretty terrible until one day, I flat out told him that I might as well just be a single mother, because that's how it felt, and he stopped the next day. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Same story as PP, Finally put my foot down and it got fixed.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• We've been through the same thing as the PP's, and it gets better for a while and then gets bad again. Dh doesn't play X-Box but some civilization building game on FaceBook. He brings his laptop home from work every night and immediately sets it up, it used to be in our bedroom, now at least he sets up in the living room. It drives me crazy though because it is so isolating from the rest of the family. Any ideas?
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• emnasmom - you can get board games that are similar to that. I know most "role-playing" games like that have a complex set up and can honestly last for days - periods of off and on time of course!
    You can also make it a point where no one plays anything isolating like that, and have a family night, then start spreading it to a couple days a week and so forth. If your kids are old enough, maybe they're interested in throwing the pig skin around. Maybe dad and son or.. family or whatever can have a project everyone can work on that'll peak your hubby's interest.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Hell NO! He plays PS3 once in a blue moon.
    Anonymous

• Mine used to... It stopped when we got our first eviction notice at our apt. (he was supposedly taking care of all the bills) I got that notice chewed him out and made him sell the X-Box and all of his games to help pay what we were short or rent. We now, 5 years later and me paying all bills are able to responsibly own and play a game cube, DS and Wii (coming in Dec) (hmmm seems we prefer Nintendo products huh?)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• YES my dh plays xbox allllll the time and I HATE it. It causes more fights than anything else. Grow up already!
    Vanessa0524

Answer by Vanessa0524 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Um no he's not 12
    Anonymous

• I'd smack him in the back of the head if he did that crap! He does just as much house work as I do- probably more, cause I'm 7 mos. prego now.
    Anonymous

• Thanks K Sawyer - that is exactly what my therapist said, to have family nights with NO gaming allowed! It is sad here some nights, I'm on CM on my laptop, dh is playing his thing on his laptop, dd is on the computer in her room and the baby is playing with his toys on the floor. We need to become a more cohesive family, for sure!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2009