Have a question for military wives

How do you keep yourself from worrying when you're alone with the kids? I'd like to think I'm confident but I'm not independent I guess cause I can't imagine taking care of the kids and knowing my husband isn't coming home for a while...what do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• For short periods of time (a week, two weeks or even a month), I pretty much am used to it. I have to have my own life - independent from my husband or else I'd just sit with nothing to do it. Trust me, it took me a while to figure that out. Being a military wife is like being a single parent who isn't allowed to date - LOL. I just find things to do it, figure out things to do and do it. I just do it.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• That is why not everyone is cut out to be a military wife. This will be a growing period for you. Don’t look at it as negative way. Keep yourself busy and try to get an education. The more you prepare yourself the more confidence your gain.
    Anonymous

• I agree with blubuni.
    Over time, I just got used to it too. I've been able to adjust smoothly the transition of having my DH in the house to help with the things that I normally would do by myself.. or figure out a way to do it, and having him be the "man of the house"
    I quickly learned that I can't just depend on my husband all the time, or I'd just be sitting there, twiddling my thumbs, just waiting for certain things to get done when he came back. Most of the time, you just have to do it yourself. You learn from the experience, and you mature with it as well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2009