When do you stop using baby detergent? I have used Dreft since he was first born but he is almost 1 and wasnt sure when the right time to switch is....?

randiedwards87

Asked by randiedwards87 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used it for about 3 months is all.....it just got to be a hassle and an unnecessary expense.  It never seemed to make a difference for my son.

ColoradoMom25

Answer by ColoradoMom25 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i switched after the 1st 6 mo . we use the all clear w/ no added chemicals now for everyones laundry.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I never used Dreft it was too expensive. I always used a 'free and clear' soaps because of allergies. With the kids I found All Free and Clear. I like it best.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• we never used it at all. we have always used TIde... its great for hypoalergenic (the plain kind, unscented) and gentle on babies' skin.... mine is allergic to purex which is supposed to be mild, but he gets rashes. you were fine to use something else from the start! :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I used it with my first son for quite a while - probably a year or so. With my daughter I used it at first, but had to switch to clear stuff because she was allergic to all dyes and perfumes. So I just switched to All Free & Clear for all of us instead of using one for her and a different one for us. With my last baby I never used it. It is just an added expense we just don't need.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Never used it. I use ECOS Free and Clear.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i stoped at 8 mos and started using gental tide, my son hasnt had a problem.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2009