Job descriptions.

What is the difference between being a wife or being a girlfriend? What do you do differently between the two, or what are you suppose to do differently between the two?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Wives are in it for better or worse. Getting out isn't an easy process.

Girlfriends have the option of walking away with no legal proceedings.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Well to a man, when you become thier wife...you are like thier property. I know that my husband wouldn't let me smoke or go out with friends when I married him...but when I was just his girlfriend, it didn't matter. You are put your husband first, that is what you do different. It is hard to say what else...every man is thinks different about that.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 9:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• a wife is in it for life!
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It wasn't anything different to me other than my ex husband telling me what to do and how to do things. That wasn't flying with me. You are in a marriage because you both love each other and support each other and you DON'T tell others what to do. You are not each other's properties! I understand that you want to put your husband first. But how I live life... It's 50/50!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Unfortunately it seems that the line between the two is getting thinner and thinner. Wives are supposed to be forever. until Death yet the divorce rate it sky high. People get married and give up to fast. Girl friends are supposed to come and go you live you learn you make a better choice in a spouse because of it. It seems people now marry the first boy that fancies marriage and forget to get to know them first. Or they move in with their girl never to be married at all.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It's easier to get out of a relationship if it's boyfriend/girlfriend!
    Of course, some people are just in boyfriend/girlfriend relationships for a long time before they don't want to get married - and they end up together longer than married people. Other than the easiness of getting out of the relationship (breaking up vs divorce), I don't think there is much of a difference. SOMETIMES.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I never wanted to get marriend but we did because I got lazy when I was prego and got sick of doing the civil couple paper work to get insurance taken care of and things like that. We were together for about 4 years before we got marriend, living together even, and we have been marriend for about 2....I would say being marriend makes your feel very claustraphobic!
    Anonymous

• I say being married means you are accountable to the other person. That isn't a bad thing, because it helps you be a better person. If you married the right one, anyway. You're supposed to support the other person because you are a team. You know someone always has your back. Regular sex is just a bonus.
    When you're a gf, you can choose not to answer the phone, a question, or anything else. While there is a certain amount of freedom in that, you don't always know the other person will catch you if you fall. You don't know for sure when you will see that person, so regular sex is...irregular. lol
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2009