can anyone help?

Ok, so around last april/may my son starting complaining about severe leg & arm pains in the muscles not joints, he would cry & scream. Most ppl kept saying that it was growing pains but i just knew in my gut that it wasnt. The Dr. took his blood his white blood cells doubled then tripled, we then went to the childrens hospital & they found nothing. Over the summer he only complained of severe headaches, so back to the dr. we went, again they found nothing. He also has a small heart murmur but dr.'s say it's nothing to worry about. Now oct. the pain in the legs & arms have returned but now with back pain, stomach pains & headaches. Took him to the Dr. yesterday, she said she's sure he has the flu even though the test came back negative. He's running a low grade temp & said his legs hurt a little. Im still thinking there is more to this. Im scared he may have leukemia. so the dr.said if in pain by monday she'll test more. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• prayingbump

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would definatley get a second and maybe even third opinion.
    Heres a good website of early symptoms of leukemia if that is what you feel your child may have.
    http://leukemia.emedtv.com/leukemia/early-symptoms-of-leukemia.html

or ever think about fibromyalgia? That could be a possibility too gl :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I know with children leukemia, a lot of unexplained bruises appear, especially in really odd places. Like... arm pits, back of the knees, stuff like that. With that being said, I'm not nearly enough experienced to be saying anything medical to you... :[ As much as I'd like to give you the definitive answer.
    Where's a doctor like House when you need one?
    I hope and pray for your son that he'll get better! Just seems weird that all of a sudden it's a possible flu symptom. *hugs*!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I should also mention that my son is only 6. Im dying inside to find out what is wrong. I feel like no else is taking this as serious as i am & it's killing me!!
    Anonymous

• Have they tested for Lyme's disease? It can cause muscle pain and headaches and I don't think it often shows up on normal blood tests with anything wrong... they have to test for it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Find a new doctor! (and just FYI to the first poster..you cant "bump" a question. that only works in groups)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think if it were serious the doctors wuold of found something. I mean the childrens hospital is normally very good at finding the problems. And reacting to them quick. But I know how you feel ' no one likes to see their children suffering and in pain. I hope you find out why he's in so much pain and discomfort soon. Keep looking for answers. gl.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 4:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2009